Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Balcony Garden Update 03/11/2014

 My hanging balcony garden is expended quickly after I started it on 12/30/2014. I experience with different type of containers included DIY earthbox, wine crate, and second hand nursery container. So far they are all growing great with the organic soil mixed with compost and bat guano. I also mixed the Miracle grow with the Kellogg Organic Soil since I got it by mistake :D. I heard the Miracle Grow is not organic so I tried to mix it up.


I got more fruit trees included lime, grape, blueberry and raspberry. Since it will take so long to grow from baby plant, I decided to spend more money on the adult tree so we can have some fruits for this season. For the grape, because I already got the young plants so will go with what I have. It's fun to grow stuff from beginning and watch them growing.


Today I got a beautiful House Finch couple visited my home made bird bath and feeder. They are still trying to firgure out how to get food from the bird feeder so I think I have to install some branches.
I am so happy to see them so close. They are beautiful and playful :D


The Fava beans also have flowers. Maybe I choose the right spot for them.


The black beauty zuchini is the winner for the flowering competition. Three of them flowered at the same time. Look like I will have the first vegetable out from my garden soon.


2 comments: