Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Baby Sugar Icebox Water Melon on my Balcony Garden!

I got a pack of four Baby Sugar Icebox Water Melon at Home Depot for just $2.90. It was the first time I grow water melon so I didn't know how big the container I should use. I grow them all in the City Picker Selfwatering Planter. They all all growing strong so I think the container is big enough. I used Dr. Earth Organic soil - the most expensive soil I ever bought, for this water melon. The soil is very good. It kept the moist and feel natural.
I discarded all of the first several flowers to keep the plant save its energy for growing stronger root. I hand pollinated them when I can. I saw some bees around so I let the beed do their job. I don't want so many fruits at once time :-).
 This baby is growing so fast. About 12 days, it is now about a big grapefruit size. Can't wait to taste them.

No comments:

Post a Comment