Monday, May 12, 2014

Easy Pickers Self watering Planter.

I just picked up the Easy Pickers Self watering Planter at Home Depot on Mother Day Sale. It like the fact that it has the stand on wheels. I already have the DIY self watering container that I made fourth months ago. So far just the zuchini seem to do well in it. This time I want to try the professional make to see any different.

 It just took like ten minutes to assample and it's very light weight.
I planted some chilis, one bitter melon and sugar baby watermelon that I also got at the Home Depot. I moved my alpine strawberry to the bottom of the planter because the alpine strawberry doing well in the shade. My balcony was so hot in the summer that some of the leaves got burned. I wanted to experience with the chillis again since the one I grew on my DIY planter didn't seem like it. I didn't follow the instruction for the soil because I don't have what they asked for so I just used my Organic Dr. Earth potting mix with the all purpose - fertilizer strip in the middle.
The planter came with a black plastic mulch but I didn't use it because it tend to get mold when it contacted to the soil. I used coco fiber so I can take it out and add more plant later. Now let's wait and see if it work as advised.


No comments:

Post a Comment