Monday, May 26, 2014

Harvesting and flowers!

This was the first time I ever tasted a beefsteak tomato. Since I never saw it at the store, I tried to grow one. After four month, this was the first one ripen. It tasted very good, thick juicy meat.
 My fava bean got burned by the heat wave last week and here were some beans left to harvest. They taste very sweet. I was able to eat them all raw.
The sunflower was seeded by bird. It grew very fast. This one was about 3 weeks. I will save them for seed to feed the birds back :-).

 I thought this dwarf pomegranate plant couldn't survice because it was so tiny week and got pest all over it. But this summer, it gave me so many flowers on it's 12 inches tall body.




 The first strawberry. Very big, tasty and good looking.
 These also first harvest bluberry and alpine strawberry. They tasted so good!
 My olallie blackberry gave me just three fruits for the first time. I hope it will survice this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment