Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Saving Private...Blueberry!

My bountiful blueberry wasn't doing good in the summer heat. Its leaves were getting dry, also the fruit. The fruit tasted really tart even they looked ripe. I didn't know what to do. I used specific soil for blueberry and add fertilize every month. I ordered the PH soil test and tested it today. The soil wasn't acidic enough but it shouldn't be the reason for dry leaves. Some people on the gardening forum had the same problem with their blueberry in California so I guess the "full sun" rule din't apply here. They said they moved their blueberry to a shading area and it worked great! I gave it a try.

 Leaves were drying.

 Also the fruits.

 I got new soil and re pot the plant to make sure I did everything right at one. Because of that, I found out the root ball wasn't develop much after fourth months. It still has the same shape of the nursery pot when I first got it. I think I made a mistake of not loosing the root ball from beginning. So I gave it a good shake, loosed up the root and re pot it with new soil that had the right PH level.
I hope it will work and my blueberry will stay with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment